Hosting guests since the 1950’s and perfectly centered between downtown Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, Castle Mountain Lodge is the ideal place to start your mountain vacation. Cross over our covered bridge to a haven tucked away with everything you’ll need — a private Estes Park Cabin, crackling fireplaces, and even fresh baked cookies waiting for you on arrival. Spend your days adventuring in your own style. Explore the surrounding areas or find a spot by our stretch of Fall River to try your hand at catching dinner. A quiet mountain setting serving as your base camp to Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park.
Known for our serene riverside, mountain, setting, and cozy winter romantic getaways. You’ll often see elk, mule deer, turkey, rabbit, and other small critters on our grounds due to our quiet location bordering Rocky Mountain National Park.
Only a couple of minutes from the Fall River Entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, you’re at the base of Trail Ridge Road which winds to over 12,000 feet into the alpine tundra of the high rockies. Take Old Fall River Road, the original, one way, dirt road that served as the original passage across RMNP. Enjoy this stunning drive as it leads you to the Alpine Visitor Center, then make it a loop by taking Trail Ridge Road back to your home away from home at Castle Mountain Lodge. This tour, which is spectacular at sunrise or sunset, may take you 2 to 3 hours.
In addition… stock up on groceries at the local Safeway (3 minutes away), or visit many fine shops downtown. These include boutique and fine art galleries, quaint coffee shops, delicious candy/ice cream shops, and souvenir/t-shirt shops.
• Shuffleboard and Corn Hole
• Playground and Tether Ball
• Fresh baked cookies, warm coffee and seasonal treats served in the Lobby every day
• Castle Spa, plus 8 private hot tub cabins
• Stretch of Fall River stocked with mountain trout and fishing poles to borrow
• Snowshoes available for rent
• Library and Games available to take back to your cabin or enjoy in our Library
• Fire pit stocked with wood, available to guests
• Trail from the back of our property to Rocky Mountain National Park
• On-site Laundry facility